Eddie Long is an egomaniac.
Besides being a false bishop, he is obsessed with anything that carries his name, advances his church club, and shines the light of worldy admiration on him. He loves to throw parties every spring, “give” publicly so that others can shout of his good works and he can break his arm patting himself on the back.
Eddie usually throws a few “conventions” every year to grease change from the pockets of those who chase “the anointing”, and to teach gullible pastors about how to be a degenerate pimp like he is. The advertisement that landed in my inbox today heralds the near arrival of one of Eddie’s “call for the pimps to gather”:
I apologize for the size of this photo (and I know how uncomfortable it is to have Pimp Eddie “mean mugging” at you), but I had to enlarge the flier in order to highlight the shear ignorance of this event. Allow me to draw your attention to the highlighted areas above:
- The purpose of the event is for Senior Pastors Pimps to “develop a kingdom strategy for changing times”. That’s just corporate Christianity talk for “let’s come up with more creative ways to steal/intimidate/beg/threaten/cajole cash from our ho..uh…followers during a recession.”
- Like any other effective multi-level marketing event, even the visiting pimps have to pay $500 to get in (but it’s worth it to learn how to fleece others out of at least 10 times as much, right?)
- Eddie is scowling at you while holding a sword (symbolizing his comittment to continually butchering the Word of God), and the reference to Matthew 11:12. Of course, Matthew 11 (in context) is NOT an appeal to loot for the sake of the Kingdom, but who cares, right? We know that Eddie seeks to advance the kingdom of this world (and unrighteous mammon), not the Kingdom of God.
And let’s not overlook the “prestigious mend of gawd” who are helping Pimp Eddie to facilitate this Pimp-A-Palooza:
- “Bishop” I.V. Hilliard – the Pimp of Houston
- “Bishop” Walter Scott Thomas – the man who founded a denomination, and “covers” (and consecrated) Claude Alexander
- Myles Munroe – the Pimp of the Bahamas
- Matthew Ashimolowoe – the Pimp of the UK
Just in case you thought these “mend of gawd” actually studied scripture in order to soberly preach salvation through Christ alone, this is proof-positive that they simply gather to compare notes – and devise new ways to separate you from your hard-earned money.